Check effectiveness of impulse response using REW

levimax

Registered
Sorry if the answer is obvious or previously answered but I have not been able to figure it out or find the answer by searching.

I used REW and Rephase to generate an impulse response to help tune the FR and phase of my speaker system (tri-amped active crossovers). I load the impulse into the convolver plug in for Foobar 2000 and it is "working" i.e. sounds different (I would say better). REW and my USB DAC and USB Microphone and Foobar 2000 are all on a PC running Windows 7.

I would like to recheck my system with REW using the impulse response to see how exactly the FR and phase response measure with the impulse correction in place but I am not sure how to do this. I have not been able to figure out how to do this using just REW and I have some ideas about virtual cables and the like but hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thank you.

jtalden

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz AV7705 Pre/Pro
Main Amp
VTV 6 chnl NC252MP P-amp x 2
Additional Amp
Behringer DCX2496 x 2
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Player
Front Speakers
DIY SEAS H1456/H1212 Spkr x 5
Subwoofers
DIY JBL 2235H 15" SW x 2
Video Display Device
JVC DLA-X790R
Screen
Da-Lite Da-Snap 39105V - 92"
  1. Save a measurement sweep using the 'Meas. Sweep' option in the REW generator panel. Be sure all options are set correctly per your REW setup and save the file. Be sure to include the acoustic reference channel. [The measurement sweep wav file created can be played in Foobar the same as any other music file.]
  2. Setup REW 'Measure' for acoustic timing and select 'wait for timing reference'
  3. Select 'Start Measuring'. [REW will start the process, but will quickly stop waiting for a reference signal.]
  4. Play the sweep file using Foobar. [REW should detect the reference signal and finish the measurement.]
  5. Repeat 3-4 for each driver using the same reference channel

levimax

Registered
  1. Save a measurement sweep using the 'Meas. Sweep' option in the REW generator panel. Be sure all options are set correctly per your REW setup and save the file. Be sure to include the acoustic reference channel. [The measurement sweep wav file created can be played in Foobar the same as any other music file.]
  2. Setup REW 'Measure' for acoustic timing and select 'wait for timing reference'
  3. Select 'Start Measuring'. [REW will start the process, but will quickly stop waiting for a reference signal.]
  4. Play the sweep file using Foobar. [REW should detect the reference signal and finish the measurement.]
  5. Repeat 3-4 for each driver using the same reference channel

Thank You!

Top Bottom