can 2 or more measures mix to get a average FR curve or can such a function add ?

user44455555

Registered
Hello
I not find such a function. I know only the repetition settings in measure. because diffrent eq settings on each side, sound bad due to phase shifts i like do left and right speaker measure and later use a average curve calc between them to correct both with same settings

user44455555

Registered
In the manual help "all spl" is not written what RMS average do because in manual is older version with less GUI explain.what do this ?

There is a seperate knob. maybe this knob can get a value display so it can see if seperate is exact 5 or 10 db.this give more clear results.

In the audionet carma it work this way that the grid position stay always the same. when move the position of the measure the grid value change and the FR result. so i can for example move 1 khz on a darker line and see which is more as 1 db over that. is such a feature in rew too ?. please see video what i mean

Attachments

• position better to grid.mp4
    591.8 KB

user44455555

Registered
I also mean this feature in SPL and phase window is not in all spl so i forget to use all spl
If a frequency range is selected by holding the shift key then pressing and dragging with the left mouse button a best-fit line for the selected range is displayed, with lines above and below it to show +3 dB and -3 dB. The slope of the line in dB/octave is shown (if the frequency axis is logarithmic) along with the span of the data relative to the best-fit line and the minimum, maximum and average of the range. The range can be adjusted after selection by dragging the start or end of the area, or the whole range can be moved.
I think this is usefull in all spl too and when separate is use

John Mulcahy

REW Author
In the audionet carma it work this way that the grid position stay always the same. when move the position of the measure the grid value change and the FR result. so i can for example move 1 khz on a darker line and see which is more as 1 db over that. is such a feature in rew too ?. please see video what i mean
You can use the SPL offset in the graph controls to shift the response.

user44455555

Registered
i dont know what you mean. see video. i find only this functions. but other measures are not sync with the raster easy. I mean when the trace separation knob can show a value when choose then can set this so that other measures are exact shift 5 db or 10 db below previous plot. then can see in compare which have more or less level. please see video. the measured db is very simular.

Attachments

• all spl.mp4
    1.2 MB

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Trace separation uses a proportion of the graph vertical span rather than any specific dB difference. In the Measurement actions for the All SPL graph you can shift any individual measurement by an SPL offset you choose:

user44455555

Registered
thats extra work to do. I do a new video and have 4 times same measure load. please look at it. wy is it not possible to choose with the seperate slider so it is 10 db lower ?. it is 9 or 11 db. i have 4 k monitor and a kensington trackball. with this can press ctrl and moves are slower and so so can choose more precise. but i can not set it to 10 db

Attachments

• vid 3.mp4
    2 MB

user44455555

Registered
here is the mdat file so you can test, maybe it is diffrent depend on CPU

Attachments

• seperate calibration.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 8

John Mulcahy

REW Author
So extra work for you is unacceptable but me recoding the application to suit your preferences is expected? The slider resolution is determined by the number of pixels in the track, it has discrete steps determined by the slider position. The purpose of the control is to provide a way to visually separate traces to more easily distinguish them, not to shift traces by some specific interval.

user44455555

Registered
I mean when it is easy to change rew that it in all spl add automatic 10 db offset depend on seperate slider, then need not do extra work. to compare better diffrent measure is it not better when they alligned all same in the 5 or 10 db bold grid lines ?
because you write it depend on the pixels of track, i try diffrent zoom. i find a zoom in spl value that fit good. see video. whwn this spl zoom level is choose then can with the seperate slider choose a good position. it is then possible to zoom spl 1 step - as iin previous video and it fit. zoom more - does not fit. but it is ok now, so i use for measure the all spl mode to see more measure at once

only when update java version the REW preferences are lost

Attachments

• vid 4.mp4
    1.1 MB
Top Bottom