Cambridge Audio Minx 22 vs. SVS Prime Satellite for Atmos overhead

SpeckNI

Wanted to ask you guys' thoughts on these speaker choices as I'm currently impatiently awaiting the Onkyo TX-RZ50 that I've got on preorder to be available, and my plan is to run a 5.1.4 setup as I'm not sold on needing two subwoofers at this point. My living room is fairly large around 25' X 15' X 10' with wood floors and sheet rock on walls and ceiling, and while waiting on the receiver I've purchaed a pair of Klipsch RP-8000F for the front and Klipsch RP-450C for center channel, both of which are still in the box. I will probably get the Klipsch R-41SA atmos speakers for the front heights since they're currently on sale, so that leaves me needing a pair of surround speakers and second set of Atmos height speakers. I'm thinking I will use stands and get the SVS Prime Satellites for rear surround, so I'm really down to trying to decide on what height speakers to go with for the second Atmos-height set. I've currently got some old Bose Acoustimass 15 double-cube speakers mounted on my ceiling and would like to mount either of the two choices mentioned there since I've already got speaker wire coming out of the ceiling in those two areas. I would probably mount either of them on the JUMBL speaker mounts and point them down to the main seating area. The minx 22's would be pretty much the same size as my dual cubes currently up there so that would be a plus for them due to their smaller presence, but the SVS satellites would have a larger frequency range, so I'm trying to decide between the two.

Grayson Dere

Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Integra DTR 7.8
Main Amp
Class D Audio: SDS-470CS
Additional Amp
Shellbrook Audio Hybrid Head headphone amp
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony UBP-X700
Front Speakers
Vandersteen Model 2
Subwoofers
SVS PB-2000
Other Speakers or Equipment
Grado SR 325is headphones
Video Display Device
JVC DLA-X75
Screen
Elite Screen 120"
Streaming Subscriptions
Origin Live Aurora MKIII turntable
Hi SpeckNI,

I would go for the SVS Prime Satellites due to the much wider frequency response than the Minx 22. I've never regretted wider bandwidth : )

SpeckNI

Thanks for the response.....I was kinda thinking the same thing so that's what I'll probably go with.

Top Bottom