Calibration files

paulspencer16

Registered
Hey there

Just a quick question . I have applied calibration files for my soundcard and mic in the preferences cal files menu and checked them in the measurements dialogue box before I measure . Once the measurement has been saved and displayed I have the option to change these under the change cal dialogue box below the thumbnail. I think I understand all that correctly. My question is, are the file applied to the measurements as the sweep is taken and "embedded" in the measurement so to speak or are they added post measurement ? In which case all measurements need the correct mic and sound card cal file displayed to view them correctly? Hope that makes sense and thanks for any help.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Cal files are applied to frequency responses generated from the measurement. Measurements contain a copy of the data from the cal files that were in use when they were made, those copies can be changed using the Change cal buttons.

Breeman

Hi John,

Apologies for hijacking the thread. Just a quick question; when exporting measurement files, which file format includes the calibration file data with it. Will it be possible in the future to have an option of embedding the calibration file data into the measurement data when exporting?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Frequency response information includes cal data effects. Impulse response data doesn't.

paulspencer16

Registered
Hey John thanks for the reply and may I say thanks for making the software available to the community.
So, to clarify the measurement has no calibration applied unless a mic or soundcard cal file is selected in the thumbnail. When exporting only the frequency response not the IR contains the calibration info?

Thanks again

Top Bottom