By Todd Anderson on May 3, 2018 at 9:54 AM
  1. Todd Anderson

Todd Anderson News Editor / Reviewer/ Senior Admin
    Staff Member

Cable Killer: SVS Releases Its New SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter Kit

[​IMG]
    (SVS)

(May 3, 2018) Cables are an unfortunate reality in the home theater world, especially when distance is a factor. Luckily, SVS has an answer, having recently announced a new wireless adapter to help combat cable clutter and inconvenience. The newly designed SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter Kit ($89.99) can be paired with powered subwoofers and speakers, along with amps, TVs, media consoles, and others, for a clean and convenient install.

"SVS engineered the best performing wireless subwoofer adapter available and then made it better by designing it to pass a pristine and accurate full-range audio signal for the benefit of speaker owners," said Gary Yacoubian, SVS President and CEO.

The adapter kit is designed to connect with a source via RCA interconnect and send a full-range 16-bit/48kHz audio signal to a receiver unit up to 65 feet; owners can pair three adapters together for a unique multi-room audio system. The system operates in the 2.4 GHz bandwidth, offering quick transmission (<25.2 millisecond latency) of frequencies between 6 Hz to 22 kHz.

"The SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter reduces subwoofer cable clutter without sacrificing performance better than any solution available,” explains Yacoubian. “But it also unlocks wireless connectivity for a stereo zone, powered surround sound speakers and amplifiers, and solves placement and aesthetic issues."

The SVS SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter Kit is available for purchase now.

Comments

Discussion in 'AV Industry News' started by Todd Anderson, May 3, 2018.

1. Asere

Asere AV Addict

Nice! I wonder how good they perform. I had purchased the Dayton brand that SVS used to carry and I had to return them because the sub stayed ON and there was a popping noise here and there on the driver.

2. Tony V.

Tony V. Moderator
      Staff Member

Are these available in a Stereo unit (2 channel). these seem like a great option.

3. Todd Anderson

Todd Anderson News Editor / Reviewer/ Senior Admin
      Staff Member

I believe you can run two as a stereo pair... but you’d need powered speakers