(September 2, 2020) For the last 25 years, Bowers & Wilkins has reserved its 600 Series to be its most affordable speaker option. Designed in-house and benefiting from proprietary trickle-down technologies, the 600 Series is anything but a compromised budget offering. Now, announced today, the 600 Series has received a special Anniversary Edition makeover, propelling the series to its most advanced iteration yet.
Changes are plentiful for the new 600 Series, both inside and out. On the exterior, buyers now have access to a gorgeous oak finish, which is offered in addition to matte black and matte white, across four stock models (607, 606, 603, and HTM6). And if a red cherry finish suits your fancy, that can be special ordered. Additionally, each Anniversary Edition speaker utilizes a tweeter surround emblazoned with a celebratory logo inscription. Note, the line’s existing ASW608, SW610, and ASW610XP subwoofers and STAV24 S2 stands are unchanged from 2018’s Sixth Edition release.
Acoustically speaking, upgrades include new crossovers and improved bypass capacitors found in the company’s recently launched 700 Series Signature range. Bowers & Wilkins says primary high-frequency and mid-frequency capacitors have also been upgraded, leding to notable upticks in resolution and transparency across the entire lineup.
“The 600 Series Anniversary Edition is a classic example of Bowers & Wilkins thinking” explains Andy Kerr, Director of Product Marketing & Communications. “By using our unique, in-house-developed components and technology from higher ranges, we can raise the performance of our entry-level product to new heights and for a very modest premium. The 600 Series has been setting the standard in its category for 25 years and we’re confident our new Anniversary Edition range will carry on that tradition in style.”
Pricing, features, and package options, as detailed by Bowers & Wilkins, are as follows:
- 603 S2 Anniversary Edition – $1,999.98 / per pair (USD): A floorstanding speaker delivering outstanding power, scale, accuracy and musicality. Featuring the Decoupled Double Dome aluminum tweeter, a 150mm (6”) FST Continuum Cone midrange driver plus two 165mm (6.5”) paper-cone bass drivers.
- 606 S2 Anniversary Edition – $899.98 / per pair (USD): Suitable for stand-mount or bookshelf use, this compact speaker delivers stunning resolution and tonal neutrality with outstanding bass extension. Combines the Decoupled Double Dome aluminum tweeter technology with a 165mm (6.5”) Continuum Cone mid/bass driver.
- 607 S2 Anniversary Edition – $699.98 / per pair (USD): Compact stand-mount or bookshelf speaker offering outstanding bass response and insight from its main 130mm (5”) Continuum Cone mid/bass driver.
- HTM6 S2 Anniversary Edition – $799.99 each (USD): A compact high-performance centre-channel speaker with considerable power and exceptional resolution and precision. Featuring the Decoupled Double Dome tweeter plus dual 130mm (5”) Continuum Cone mid/bass drivers.
- STAV24 S2 floorstand – $199.98 per pair (USD): 24in stand suitable for use with both 607 S2 and 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
- ASW608, ASW610 and ASW610XP – $499.99 / $799.99 / $1,499.99 (USD): Completing the range are three exceptional subwoofers carried over unchanged from the sixth generation 600 Series. Available in matte black or matte white.
- 600 Series Anniversary Edition Theatre – $4,299.94 (USD): 5.1 speaker package featuring 603 S2, 607 S2, HTM6 S2 Anniversary Edition plus the ASW610 active subwoofer.