Audiolense XO - can I export Target Curve to MS Excel?

2234rew

Hi @juicehifi

I'm trying to do headphones EQ. I have Audiolense XO (I use for speakers of course) and want to create target curves and export them into MS Excel.

Is there a way to do that?

I like the 'smooth lines' feature of Audiolense which is not so easy to do with other software.

Or the other way, I want to important headphones measurement into Audiolense and do it that way to create impulse response.

This headphones measurement:

Either method , to achieve same result.

If I can export target curve then I can use that in REW.

If I can important the headphones measurements into Audiolense, then I can use Audiolense to directly create impulse response files.

Thanks!

Last edited:

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
If you have a REW measurement of the headphones, just send it to me and I will convert it to an Audiolense measurement for you.

2234rew

If you have a REW measurement of the headphones, just send it to me and I will convert it to an Audiolense measurement for you.

I will email you, so you can email back the measurement file. I don't think can be uploaded here.

As a feature request, this github page has measurements for hundreds of headphones. Would be great to have an easy way to import into Audiolense

Last edited:

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
That is actually a pretty good idea. Ideally, we need a "microphone" calibration file as well ... one that accounts for the frequency deviations that a headphone must have to sound neutral.

2234rew

That is actually a pretty good idea. Ideally, we need a "microphone" calibration file as well ... one that accounts for the frequency deviations that a headphone must have to sound neutral.

It opens up another world, for those of us using Audiolense XO already with speakers, that also use headphones too.

The Audiolense target designer is so good and with AL XO I like being able to spit out IR files for HQPlayer format and now Audiolense Convolver - so I could do all the same with headphones.

And with that huge database of headphones measurements (and it grows every month), its powerful stuff!

2234rew

@juicehifi the other cool thing is as we get older and have hearing loss - if we have our hearing measurements then we might be able to EQ our home headphones to sound much better than hearing aids! For music listening.

Hearing aids are designed to hear speech and basic things but not for music like we are used to.

But with software like Audiolense and headphones, maybe music enjoyment can continue even some some hearing losses, with the help of these measurements databases and with Audiolense

2234rew

I've manually used REW PEQ to flatten the FR considerably (I like flat but that's personal taste).

It was such an ugly process and painful process and you can see it's any ugly predicted FR (red) but i really like the audible improvement. Less bright ! Smooth !

I expect with Audiolense it will be perfection - like I get with speakers

Together with this impulse response I have Bauer Crossfeed DSP to make it sound more 'speaker like' - I love the Chu Moy option in Bauer

I'm not a fan of the Harman Preference Curve for headphones - yuck. Just personal taste though.

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 8.22.15 pm.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom