ASIO problem with Asus Xonar STX (Win10 x64)

Raffaele Sabini

Registered
Hi everyone, I introduce myself, I am Raffaele from Italy, I have been using REW for a few years and it is simply fantastic, thanks John for what you do.
I use REW mainly for speaker measurements and to measure the performance of my DIY projects, somewhere I am experiencing a problem with REW (version 5.19 stable and 5.2 BETA 33).
With version 5.19 suddenly trying to loop back to my sound card, THD and THD + N have rocketed 20% (THD) and 70% (THD + N) but until a few days ago everything was in perfect working order.
I also tried with the new Beta version but in this version I can't get the sound card to start in ASIO mode, it tells me that it cannot find the ASIO drivers.
The drivers are the official ASUS ones that work perfectly in other software such as RMAA and ARTA, with the same consistency of results as before.

Thanks to those who want to give me some advice

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If the ASIO drivers are 32-bit you will need to use the 32-bit version of REW.

For the loopback measurements it would be best if you post an example measurement mdat.

Raffaele Sabini

Registered
Thank John for the reply, this is the report for the error of ASIO driver (5.2 beta 33 version)
After clicking ok to this report in the "preferences" window everything becomes obscured without the possibility of clicking anywhere

REW V5.20 Beta 33 running JRE 1.8.0_211 64-bit on Windows 10, it, windows-1252

Stack Trace:
roomeqwizard.E.C(y:1631)
roomeqwizard.fG$3.actionPerformed(y:314)
javax.swing.JComboBox.fireActionEvent(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedItem(Unknown Source)
roomeqwizard.fG.A(y:477)
roomeqwizard.E$9.process(y:2144)
javax.swing.SwingWorker$3.run(Unknown Source)
sun.swing.AccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
sun.swing.AccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Unknown Source)
java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

John Mulcahy

REW Author
What was the sample rate when that happened? What had you done before it happened?

You said before "it tells me that it cannot find the ASIO drivers", what message were you seeing and when did you get that message?

Raffaele Sabini

Registered
With the latest BETA version I can't even start the ASIO with all the sample rates, as soon as I click on the drop-down menu for the ASIO selection the error message appears with the inability to find the driver.
I tried to restart the pc, restart REW and / or restart the ASIO control panel, always with the same result, I also tried to uninstall the sound card (and driver) and reinstall it,
so I deduce that there must be a compatibility problem between the current version of REW and ASUS ASIOs.

With the previous version instead, before everything worked perfectly, ASIO correctly recognized and usability of all the sample rates, from one day to the next for no apparent reason I found these results in the loopback, in the meantime both Rightmark and ARTA continue to achieve the same loopback result as before.

I had thought of some windows updates, but it was only performed today, while my problem dates back to 3-4 days ago.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I have sent you a link to a test version using the Conversation system, though I'm doubtful it will address whatever issue underlies the problem.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
As an aside, the ASUS downloads for 32-bit and 64-bit windows appear to have the same asio dll files, so the ASIO driver may be a 32-bit driver in both cases. If it is you should use the 32-bit build of REW.

Raffaele Sabini

Registered
Hi John I wanted to inform you that version 5.19 has started to work mysteriously after having repeated the calibration of the card several times, everything has returned almost normal apart from some "glitches" in the spectrum of the loopback.
Tomorrow I will try to install the new beta with the file you sent me (after uninstalling the old version).

Top Bottom