Other Speakers or Equipment
Nintendo Wii U Gaming Console
Video Display Device
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV
Remote Control
Universal Remote MX-450
Streaming Subscriptions
Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge
There is a big debate going in in Hollywood. Lot of folks going one side or the other.

Some say, Marvel movies are nothing more than green screen action shots for amusement while others say it is not and far more complex and integrated cinematic experience.

from cnet,

Francis Ford Coppola jumped into the fray over Martin Scorsese's criticism of Marvel movies, calling his fellow director "right" and calling the wildly successful film franchise "despicable."
"When Martin Scorsese says that the Marvel pictures are not cinema, he's right because we expect to learn something from cinema, we expect to gain something, some enlightenment, some knowledge, some inspiration," the 80-year-old director of the Godfather series and Apocalypse Now said Friday. "I don't know that anyone gets anything out of seeing the same movie over and over again," Coppola told reporters in Lyon, France, according to the Agence France-Presse news agency and France 24.
Coppola's comments come a week after Scorsese, director of classics such as Taxi Driver and Goodfellas, called the blockbusters in the marvel Cinematic Universe "not cinema" and said "theaters have become amusement parks."

From bgr,
Friends star Jennifer Aniston, who’s set to star in Apple’s upcoming series The Morning Show for its forthcoming streaming service Apple TV+, to the Scorsese side of the argument. In a recent interview, she too laments what she sees as the diminishment of the film industry overall thanks in part, as she puts it, to the “big Marvel movies.” “You’re seeing what’s available out there and it’s just diminishing and diminishing in terms of, it’s big Marvel movies,” Aniston tells Variety. “Or things that I’m not just asked to do or really that interested in living in a green screen.” She goes on to bemoan the disappearance of an era of moviemaking that’s probably gone for good. One characterized by Meg Ryan-led rom-coms, and titles she specifically mentions like Heaven Can Wait, Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles.'

==========

what do you guys think?

Mark C Flick

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon 3805
Main Amp
Acurus A250
Additional Amp
Acurus 200X3
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony PS3
Front Speakers
RBH Signature Classic 1266-SE
Center Channel Speaker
RBH Signature Classic 661-SE
Surround Speakers
RBH Signature Classic 66-SE
Subwoofers
RBH Signature Classic 1212-SE
Kenwood CT-406
Video Display Device
LG OLED55B9PUA
Streaming Subscriptions
Netflix & Amazon Prime
Other Equipment
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (DC)
I think they are cinematic in so far as Merriam-Webster is concerned. I also agree with Scorsese and Coppola in that they are entertainment. When I think of cinematic I think of films like Lawrence of Arabia, Badlands, Once Upon a Time in the West, Blade Runner, Open Range and the like.

tripplej

AV Addict
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
NAD T-777
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player
Front Speakers
7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers
Subwoofers
2 Paradigm SE Subs
Nintendo Wii U Gaming Console
Video Display Device
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV
Remote Control
Universal Remote MX-450
Streaming Subscriptions
Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge
Marvel movies will not win oscar for best picture to movies like "Gone with the wind" or some epic like "The Last Emperor", etc. but I think they are entertaining and for the ticket price, well worth the price of admission. Cinematic in the sense of entertainment, go to the theater, escape from reality and become one with the movie, yes. :)

Top Bottom