Any opinion about my room?

chironex

Registered
Could you help me improve the acoustics of my room?
the measurements are 5x3 m, my hifi system is composed of an MA8000 amplifier, Sonus Faber Olympica I speakers and a roon based Innuos streamer. These are the curves.

Attachments

• clarity.jpg
    clarity.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 72
  • waterfall.jpg
    waterfall.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 72
  • MISURAZIONI 17.3.mdat
    2.3 MB · Views: 29

FargateOne

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Rotel RSX-1562
Additional Amp
Bryston 3B3 for fronts mains
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Cambridge CXU
Front Speakers
B&W 804 D2
Center Channel Speaker
B&W HTM4D2
Surround Speakers
B&W 705
Subwoofers
SVS PC-2000 and SVS PC-2000 Pro
Other Speakers or Equipment
10 PEQ filters/channel in receiver with REW
Video Display Device
Samsung UN55ES8000
Other Equipment
miniDSP 2x4 HD
I am anything but an expert but after 10 years of playing with my toys, I can safely say that the first and most important variable for improving sound is :
Where your speakers and MLP are positioned. Find this first.
Next, measure to find where the early reflections are hurting SS&I. Third, treat the room acoustics with absorbers, mainly in the corners and where 2 surfaces meet and if necessary at early reflections and finally use electronics to equalize the FR of the speakers.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Also itwould help if you could be more specific about your goals

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
What FargateOne said!

Add to that, since you have Roon, you might want to experiment with EQ.

Here's a start using your measurement and a 1dB/Octave Slope. Increase or eliminate High Shelf (HS) filter to taste. Its basically a treble control.

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
You could also correct for the difference in distance between each speaker and the mic location, assuming the mic location was center of head at listening position.

You can also see the delay difference of a 0.5ms looking at what REW said about relative delay in the L & R measurement notes (on the left).

You could also use Roon to add 0.5ms delay to left speaker so the direct wave from each speaker arrives at ears at the same time. Should help imaging and clarity. Different arrival times should be pulling the image to the left since its sound now arrives first to the LP.

Top Bottom