Acoustic timing reference Signal issue with HELIX DSP

Gabor Kiss

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Audison bitTen DSP, in car electronics
Hello Everybody!

I found a problem with the Acoustic timing reference Signal presence in REW. This signal (a short "peep" ) is comig prefectly if I'm using my Home speakers or even Headphones (connected to the laptop) but not playing (or not heard) if I'm trying to play it by my HELIX DSP. (Tweeter is used for reference speaker from 3kHz, full range sweep set in REW)
Only the main test- the full frequency range sweep is heard. Have you ever met this problem? What have I doing wrong?

Thank you for your feedbacks in advance!

sm52

This can happen if there is a delay (advance) in the reproduction of the test signal. And this may be due to different sampling rates of the measuring and reproducing device. Also because of differently tuned clock generator here and there.

ddude003

AV Addict
Somewhere Northeast of Kansas City Missouri
More  
PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium TubePre (2 channel+sub)
Main Amp
McIntosh MC152 SS Amp (2 channel)
Additional Amp
Yamaha RX-A850 Pro (the other 5 channels lol)
Computer Audio
MacBook Pro, Custom i7 7700k De-lid 2xAsus1080ti GFX, Audirvana Studio, Hang Loose Convolver, Tone Projects Michelangelo, Pulsar Massive & 8200, LiquidSonics, SoX
DAC
Chord Electronics Ltd. Qutest
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony UBP-X700 /M Ultra HD 4K HDR & PS5
Front Speakers
Martin Logan ElectroMotion ESL
Center Channel Speaker
Martin Logan Motion C2
Surround Speakers
Martin Logan Motion 4
Surround Back Speakers
Martin Logan Motion 4 (yes, another set of these)
Subwoofers
Martin Logan Dynamo 700
Other Speakers or Equipment
Cifte 12AU7 NOS & Genalex Gold Lion Tubes in Pre
Video Display Device
Samsung The Premiere LSP7T UST Laser Projector
Screen
Elite Screens Aeon CLR3 0.8 Gain 103-inch
Remote Control
PrimaLuna, Lumin iApp, Samsung & Yamaha
Streaming Equipment
Netgear Nighthawk S8000 Streaming Switch, Lumin U1 Mini Streamer Transport
Streaming Subscriptions
QoBuz Studio Premier, Amazon Prime & Netflix
Other Equipment
ThrowRug, SaddleBlankets, WideBand & Bass Traps...

Gabor Kiss

Registered
More  
Audison bitTen DSP, in car electronics
Thank you for your feedbacks!

2 more things:

- As I see from other posts from John, it's also recommended to switch on: "Adjust clock with acoustic ref" in REW - is it right?
- The other and more important thing is: should we switch off all crossover filters before measuring IR for Time Alignment??? It' recommended also by the MiniDSP website:

sm52

- As I see from other posts from John, it's also recommended to switch on: "Adjust clock with acoustic ref" in REW
Yes. You can enable this option. Or do not turn it on, and after the measurement press 'Estimate IR delay'. But this is only for the first measurement
should we switch off all crossover filters before measuring IR for Time Alignment?
If you do everything from scratch - turn off both filters and delays, measure the IR of all drivers, set delays, and then make filters. But if everything is almost set up and you need to tweak it a little, then you don’t need to disable anything.

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
Could this be a reason?

Power Save Mode
Many newer vehicles feature accessory circuits that remain on for several minutes after the engine shuts off, so an aftermarket amplifier could possibly drain your vehicle's battery. The HELIX DSP solves this problem by turning off the amps connected to its remote output after not sensing music for 60 seconds. The Helix DSP will turn the amps back on within a second after sensing the signal.

Found this info here

Top Bottom