DAC
Schiit Modi
Front Speakers
Magnapan MMG
Subwoofers
B&W
Streaming Equipment
Andover Songbird
I guess this little amplifier qualifies as "Deal" and "Budget".....The Nelson Pass designed Amp-Camp-Amp Mini, class A , 5wch 8ohms /8wch 4 ohms. In kit form for $125.... diyaudiostore.com
I ordered one on a Monday afternoon....Showed up at my house on Tuesday afternoon! Was surprised to find it ships from a town about 25 miles away. Took me just over an hour to build. I recently bought a better Digital Meter that "Auto Ranges"......WAY better for reading the resistors. Once it was built I used this meter and another cheap meter to set bias. Setting the bias is the most difficult part of construction. Thankfully there is a fantastic YouTube on doing it that make the process a snap! It takes about an hour because you need to set a couple times and then wait 10-20 minutes for things to stabilize and then set again. I soldered little jumper wires to the test points that made attaching the two meters easy. I'm not sure how you could use one meter to really get the bias spot on......Once it was done I put it into a cabinet I made out of scrap metal I had hanging around....Hated it. The next morning I built a much nicer base for it. In conclusion...I LOVE this little amp! I have a First Watt F5V2 Turbo and this little amp sounds nearly identical to that big class A amp. It drove my Fluance SX6 bookshelf speakers and my KEF LS50 Metas beautifully! Hard to believe 8wch (4 ohm load) can play so loud and sound so good. The imaging is freaky! Rolling Stones "Symphony For The Devil", you'd absolutely swear the piano was coming from another speaker totally to your left and bit behind you!! Steely Dan "Babalon Sisters", I'm hearing guitar riffs I've never heard before.....Can't explain it! (BTW, the sound from those $120 a pair Fluence speakers have to be heard to be believed......At one long listening session, I was loving the sound quality. I was convinced I had the $1600 KEF LS50 Metas hooked up. I was listening for hours. And loving every second of it! Time for bed and I shut down the system and realize all night I was listening to the $120 Fluences!!!) Tal;k about an amazing "Budget" system....Fluance SX6, ACA Mini and a WiiM PRO+ streamer with DAC....Total cost $395!!....The sound will astound you!
P1060125.JPG
P1060123.JPG
P1060126.JPG
You can read about all my amplifier builds on my web site www.rvbprecision.com...

Top Bottom