Seems like only yesterday I was hoping RC3 would be the last V5.20 release candidate :/. Here we are with RC4 and two more bug fixes:
- Generating min phase response from Impulse graph could cause an exception
- Soundcard calibration could get stuck at "Calculating impulse response" during card response measurement
This is the 3rd and, ever optimistically, final V5.20 release candidate. Feature additions have been kept to a minimum, but there are some:
- There is now an export menu entry to export the RT60 data for all current measurements as text to individual files or to a combined file. Data is only exported if it has been generated (which happens when it is first viewed), a quick way to generate the RT60 data for all measurements is to view the Overlay RT60 graph.
- The limited range of the Impulse graph Offset t=0 dialog was causing some issues, so it has been changed to use a spinner that allows offsets of up to +/- 1 second to be entered, with 1 us changes when the spinner arrow buttons are used. To interactively adjust the t=0 offset click and drag the graph time axis.
- Processor loading has been reduced during measurement sweep playback
- 32-bit sample width will be used with Java drivers if the interface offers that. Only macOS and Linux are affected as the Windows Java runtime only offers 16-bit data (use ASIO for full sample resolution on Windows).
Several bugs have been fixed:
- RT60 calculation with time-reversed filtering could cause incorrect impulse envelope plot
- The T60M figure (RT60 Decay model T60 value) appeared twice in RT60 text exports
- Scope block processing could overrun at higher sample rates
- Array index out of range could occur when aligning phase slopes
- THD was not shown correctly when plotting stepped level results against input level
- Multi-channel average responses could be flat after one half or one quarter of the end frequency if the IR truncation preference retained more than 1.7 s of the IR
Updates in V5.20 release candidate 2:
- Added an option to average each UMIK-X array when making multi-channel measurements with UMIK-X
- Reduce RT60 Decay waterfall drawing load by not fading whole image
- Bug fix: Workaround for JDK bug https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8223158 on macOS by using JetBrains JRE
- Bug fix: RT60 Decay graph used excessive memory on macOS
- Bug fix: If using ASIO with a USB mic connected but no ASIO input selection made would get an exception trying to load cal data
- Bug fix: Exception in EQ window when using measurements from multi-channel capture
- Bug fix: Last multi-channel ASIO input channel could be reset to be the same as the first input channel on startup
This is the pre-release of V5.20, changes compared to the last beta are:
- Enabled the Pro upgrades menu (note that the miniDSP UMIK-X multichannel mic array includes a pro upgrade license)
- Append "SPL Logger" to window title for SPL Logger to distinguish it from SPL meter title
- Bug fix: DCX equaliser setting had 6th order BU and LR filters, they should be 8th order
- Bug fix: If the minimum phase response was generated from the SPL & Phase graph with no phase traces selected, and hence no right hand phase axis, the right hand phase axis was not shown.
- Bug fix: Scope trigger settings could get stuck while being changed on macOS
- Bug fix: Sweep repetitions could be enabled after checking levels when it should remain disabled
Changes in V5.20 beta 61:
- Extended the range of centre frequencies for the octave and one-third octave noise signals to go down to 16 Hz and up to 16 kHz (octave) and 20 kHz (one-third octave)
- Added Noise floor to the list of parameters that can be shown on the Distortion Overlay graph
- Added a View preference to show the measurement level on the measurement thumbnails, for new measurements that will use the units selected on the signal generator
- When a toolbar window is selected via the toolbar button or its shortcut the focus is moved to the primary component for the window, if it has one (e.g. the On/Off button for SPL meter or Generator)
- Bug fix: Trace separation did not work on the Distortion overlay graph
- Bug fix: FlexASIO control panel did not read the output of portaudiodevices.exe properly when device names contained non-ASCII characters
- Bug fix: Modifying FlexASIO buffer size while audio I/O was in progress could cause an NPE
- Bug fix: Removed macOS workaround for format/sample rate changes made in AudioMidiSetup while REW is running as it caused issues with some interfaces. If a change is made in AudioMidiSetup change the REW sample rate then change it back to pick up the new audio interface configuration.
V5.20 beta 60 updates:
- Added octave and one-third octave filtered options for the pink and white random and periodic noise signals with filter type selection of BU2 to BU8 and, for PN, Brickwall
- Added a filter type selection for the custom filtered pink PN and white PN, with BU2 to BU8 and Brickwall options
- Show a scroll bar in the graph capture comment box for long comments
- Bug fix: Dutch & Dutch 8c speakers might not be found on macOS
- Bug fix: Filters sent from REW to an 8c were named starting from zero instead of starting from one
- Bug fix: Filters loaded from an 8c were shifted down 1 position in the REW filter list from where they should appear
- Bug fix: If only impedance measurements were loaded Fit to data would generate an exception on the All Impedance graph and the All impedance overlay
- Bug fix: The impulse envelope was not updated when a filter was applied on the Filtered IR graph
Changes in V5.20 beta 59:
- For stepped level measurements the SPL & Phase graph now shows a plot of the input level versus generator level and a linearity plot (previously it was blank)
- If no IPV4 addresses are obtained for an 8c use any IPV6 address it returns
- When importing measurement files if the data is very sparse (10 points or fewer) use linear interpolation on a log frequency axis, like a house curve import
- Added an extra check for file imports to reduce chance of a csv file not using .csv as its extension being interpreted as using comma as delimiter
- Added a View preference on macOS to select if using an AZERTY keyboard to work around a Java bug (JDK-8019498) causing incorrect shortcut key mappings
- Bug fix: Made the beta 57 Java driver changes apply to macOS only, on Windows they could cause test signals to be truncated if the replay chain had a large buffering delay
- Bug fix: If using a USB mic via an ASIO wrapper and the mic was disconnected and reconnected while REW was running REW would believe the mic input volume setting was zero and increase SPL readings accordingly
Changes in V5.20 beta 57:
- REW now saves a temporary copy of each measurement when it is made. On a normal shutdown those temporary copies are deleted, if REW did not shut down normally it will warn of the existence of the temporary files on the next startup and offer to load them.
- Added a "Fit to data" button on the graph limits dialog and a corresponding entry in the Graph menu with a Ctrl+Alt+F shortcut. Fit to data sets the graph axes to show the full span of the data. On overlay graphs the fit covers the span of the selected measurements.
- Added a button to insert the notes from the current measurement in the comments for graph image captures
- Ensure controls panel remains visible if an additional graph is shown below the main graph
- Added an "Infrasound" frequency band label for the region below 20 Hz
- Bug fix: On macOS changing audio interface sample rate or format in Audio Midi Devices while REW was running would stop audio I/O from working, changes made to the Java driver handling for all platforms to fix that.
Changes in V5.20 beta 56:
- Added support for the Dutch&Dutch 8c eq features, including support for measuring using sweep signals generated by the speakers. 8c firmware V1.4.50 or later is required. Select the 8c as the default equaliser in REW's preferences to activate all 8c features.
- Added support for the Elder Audio TimeZero2.6D/4.8D equalisers
- Add 2 to 3 seconds of 16-bit dither at the beginning of measurement sweep files to ensure playback devices lock to the source before the timing signal starts
- Show a message if the TS params calc is attempted without selecting a free air measurement
- Initialise the room dimensions for new measurements from the room simulator dimensions
- TS simplified model params could be incorrect
- An exception could occur when loading a stepped level measurement
- Signal generator preview panel height was not scaled up for high DPI displays
- Measurement sweep level could use signal generator level instead of output level in some circumstances