Changes in V5.20 beta 38:
- Added a control panel for the FlexASIO driver
- Added a bit monitor for the input data at the bottom of the main window
- Show a warning message if using Pentium N35 with the 64-bit REW build, with recommendation to use the 32-bit build instead
- Bug fix: RTA captures with controls showing would put controls under levels panel
Changes in V5.20 beta 37:
- Allow stepped sine levels down to -144 dBFS and end frequencies up to 80 kHz
- When a group of measurements is loaded or saved remember the note saved with them (if any) and show it when next prompting for a note when saving all measurements as a group
- Allow the signal generator to adapt to screen height down to 600 pixels
- Added option to choose .txt or .frd as the extension when exporting all measurements as text
- Bug fix: Room simulator absorption values were not updated when loading a preset
- Bug fix: Cal file parsing could fail if comma is the decimal delimiter
- Bug fix: Deleting a cal entry would cause an exception
- Bug fix: Room simulator and scope images saved as JPEGs could have a pink hue
- Bug fix: An exception could occur when first setting up ASIO4All if a USB mic was selected as the input before an output had been selected
- Bug fix: REW could crash when starting to Measure with ASIO4All if the ASIO4All driver issued a resetRequest when asked to create the audio buffers
Changes in V5.20 beta 36:
- Bug fix: Null pointer exception could occur on startup when using the "Separate cal file for each input" option
- Bug fix: THD trace could be incorrect when first selecting the Distortion graph with the axis set to dBr or percent
Changes in V5.20 beta 35:
The room simulator and the alignment tool have been updated for this release.
It has been quite a while since the room simulator was updated, so there are a basket of changes.
A set of 5 presets has been added, which are remembered for subsequent startups. A comment can be entered that is saved with the presets. There is also a button to capture the current Main mic response and keep it on the graph as a reference as changes are made.
There are buttons to create measurement files from the simulator output that can then be saved as mdat files, either a single file showing the response with all sources active or individual files for each source. In both cases the response saved can be either that of the main mic position alone or an average of all the selected mic positions, showing the span of the results as an underlay.
There are check boxes to keep the L and R speakers symmetric across the width of the room (so moving one will move the other to maintain symmetry), or to allow them to be moved as a pair keeping the distance between them the same. Buttons have been added to place the head mid-width across the room or midway between the L and R speakers. If the room has left and right speakers the angle between them at the head is shown when the mouse is over the head position. There is now a check box to use the same delay for all subwoofers, rather than having to adjust each individually.
Finally, there are buttons to capture images of the room view panel and the response graph.
The alignment tool has a greater delay range of +/- 50 ms and has gained some additional buttons to (hopefully) help with phase alignment.
The Level phase at cursor button will shift both measurements by the same amount (so no relative delay change, and no effect on aligned copies or the aligned sum) so that the phase of the first measurement is more or less horizontal around the cursor frequency. That should make it easier to manually align phase, removing the slope due to the local group delay of measurement 1.
The Align phase slopes at cursor button adjusts the delay of the second measurement to align the phase slopes around the cursor frequency, so both have the same local group delay. Aligning slopes rather than the phase itself can make it easier to spot when one measurement could be inverted for a better phase match.
The Align phase at cursor button adjusts the delay of the second measurement to align the phases around the cursor frequency.
The graph cursor is now shown in the alignment tool phase graph, it follows the cursor frequency in the alignment tool magnitude graph. The alignment tool phase responses also update if the window settings of a measurement being aligned are changed.
There are a couple of minor changes:
- The EQ window target settings panel has gained a right click menu to copy and paste target settings from one measurement to another
- Scope image captures are now drawn at the desired width rather than scaling an image from the scope panel width, so the captures have better resolution
Bug fixes in this release are:
- When a measurement was selected on the alignment tool dialog the currently selected alignment smoothing was not applied to it
- When the alignment tool smoothing was changed the phase traces did not update correctly to include the current delays
- Mic cal C weighting selection was not applied to cal data after a restart
- On macOS or Linux output channel selections could be invalid after changing to a device with fewer channels than the previous device
- Update the J-test displayed frequency figure when the sample rate changes
- Removed code that tried to compensate for the effect of input volume changes on SPL calibration
- An exception could occur when the SPL logger was started
Changes in V5.20 beta 34:
- Added a jitter test signal to the signal generator in the Tones group
- Added a right click menu for the waterfall and spectrogram controls to copy and paste settings between measurements
- Added check boxes on the waterfall and spectrogram controls to enable or disable the automatic regeneration of the plot when settings change
- Moved the ISO 3382 parameters on the RT60 graph data panel into a separate window
- Added an Analysis preference (selected by default) to use only the right hand IR window width when deciding the minimum valid frequency in the response
- Added a View preference to use dashed strokes on overlay graphs
- Added a check box on the merge operation to optionally blend the merge over 1/3 octave either side of the merge frequency
- RTA mic cal data was only updated when the RTA started, now updates if cal changes while RTA is running
- Stepped sine continues to measure distortion even if "Show distortion" button is deselected
- Improvement in RT60 Decay calculation
- Small improvement in RT60 calculation for longer decays
- Bug fix: Group delay trace could be incorrect for log spaced data with 1/48 octave smoothing
- Bug fix: ASIO driver selection could fail for a sample rate causing an exception
- Bug fix: Extra settling time may be required for stepped sine measurements when using a silence interval
Changes in V5.20 beta 33:
- When multiple measurements are loaded load them as a set then select the last rather than adding and selecting each individually. This speeds up loading by not triggering calculations that may be required when a measurement is selected, for example generating a spectrogram when on the Spectrogram graph page
- Suppress low quality RT60 decay results
- Bug fix: Dragging wav files onto the RTA for processing was not working
- Bug fix: Loading a file with multiple measurements while on the Spectrogram graph with the Wavelet spectrogram selected could result in an exception
- Bug fix: Could not select the manual settings button on RT60 decay
- Bug fix: Guard against out of range error when fetching harmonic phase during stepped sine measurement
Changes in V5.20 beta 32:
- Bug fix: Alignment tool aligned copy had the delay applied with the wrong sign
- Bug fix: Delays in the comments for the Alignment tool aligned sum measurement had the wrong sign
- Bug fix: Ohms axis could become selected for SPL measurements on the SPL & Phase graph when there was a mix of SPL and impedance measurements
- Bug fix: Limits dialog was not working properly for new axis types
Changes in V5.20 beta 30:
- Added options to step in frequency or level to the Stepped Sine dialog
- Added a stability test for the stepped sine measurement to optimise speed
- Added a distortion threshold beyond which stepped sine measurements will be stopped. Distortion must drop below the threshold to arm it.
- Made the stepped sine dialog non-modal so RTA window remains accessible for graph adjustments, but RTA controls are disabled to avoid changes that would interfere with the measurement
- Added a new method of RT60 calculation based on frequency domain processing and a graph "RT60 Decay" to show the results
- Allow multiple Y axis unit types for all relevant graphs (dB SPL, dBFS, dBu, dBV, dBW, V, W)
- Did away with the plot normalised option for distortion graphs, happens automatically if dBr or percent selected as Y axis
- Changed SPL & Phase "Invert polarity" checkbox to a toggle button
- Added filter order selection for the RT60 and Filtered IR graphs, default is 6th order, max is 48th (filters are Butterworth bandpass)
- Added the equaliser sample rate in the heading of the equaliser selection panel
- Set Storm Audio EQ lower frequency limit to 16 Hz
- EQ panel waterfall colour scheme is only disabled if live waterfall updates are selected
- To reduce the screen space used by the Waterfall controls the settings for the view and colour scheme have been moved to separate dialogs
- To reduce the screen space used by the Spectrogram controls the settings for the colour scheme have been moved to a separate dialog
- To reduce the screen space used by the All SPL controls the trace arithmetic controls and individual measurement actions have been moved to separate dialogs
- To reduce the screen space used by the RTA controls the settings for distortion and view have been moved to separate dialogs
- Removed the filtering controls from the Clarity graph, filter settings are controlled from the RT60 graph
- Revised controls layout on several graphs
- Added a coefficient format selection for the Generic equaliser Save filter coefficients action, with a choice of miniDSP or SigmaStudio formats
- Bug fix: SPL & Phase graph trace offset and Add to data buttons were disabled for measurements without an impulse response
- Bug fix: Align IR start button in All SPL graph controls was disabled after using it
- Bug fix: Clock adjustment failed for new measurements
- Bug fix: Cal file parsing could be confused by content in comments
- Bug fix: The delay figure in the measurement notes for aligned measurements had the wrong sign
- Bug fix: Selecting the custom range option for the pink or white random noise with both the low cut and high cut boxes not selected would cause an exception
- Bug fix: An exception could occur if the file chooser file filter was set to "All files"
Changes in V5.20 beta 29:
- Replaced the All SPL parametric sum feature by a more general Alignment Tool
- Added a control in the Impulse graph to offset t=0 with a live preview of the effect on phase
- Added a control in the Impulse graph to adjust clock rate with a live preview of the effect on the impulse response and phase
- Added a control in the Group Delay graph to offset t=0 with a live preview of the effect on phase
- Added a control in the SPL & Phase graph to offset t=0 with a live preview of the effect on phase
- Added a button to invert polarity in the SPL & Phase graph
- Use indicators above the Impulse graph to show the window reference time and left and right window extents. The markers can be dragged with the mouse to change the window settings. While the mouse button is pressed to drag a marker a preview of the resulting windowed measurement is shown. Window changes are applied to the measurement when the mouse button is released.
- Moved the control to normalise to a defined peak SPL from the Impulse graph to the SPL & Phase graph
- Removed the "New" and "Avg" icons in the All SPL graph legend
- Added a menu entry to export all impulse responses as text
- Added PNC, NCB, NC and NR noise criteria figures to the RTA when it is in one octave mode, with an option to show noise curves on the graph
- Bug fix: An exception could occur when checking levels
- Bug fix: Phase plots did not show data points when that option was selected
- Bug fix: NPE when applying clock rate adjustments to imported sweep recordings