Changes in V5.20 beta 4:
- When measurements with distortion data are averaged using (A+B)/2 or Vector average their distortion data is also averaged, providing the measurements were made at the same sample rate and with the same sweep or stepped sine settings
- Added a Window function setting for the tone burst generator with a range of window types
- Reduced memory use and file size for sweep measurements
- Added Float as a format for exported WAV files
- Additional text for...
REW Linux installer (requires Java 8) V5.20 beta 4
The Oracle Java runtime seems to work best
V5.20 beta 3
- Restored 16k and 32k sample rate options for sig gen WAV files and filter impulse response exports
- Update the sample rate selector when reloading the ASIO driver
- Added an option to plot distortion harmonics at the harmonic frequency rather than the fundamental frequency
- Update dBFS scaling for signal generator and RTA when focus leaves the dBFS scale field
- Restart any ASIO audio I/O after changing input or output channels
- If a graph capture includes the...
V5.20 beta 2 changes:
- Gave the signal generator a revamp and added a signal waveform preview
- Added fade in and fade out controls to the linear and log sweep signals
- Added AES17-2015 MD and DFD presets to the dual tone signals
- Changed sig gen level control behaviour for dual tone signals, the level setting now reflects the rms level of the combined signal rather than the rms level of f1
- Added a selection of multitone test signals
- Allow RTA lengths up to 1M
- If the...
First beta of V5.20
- Increased audio data timeouts for macOS to accommodate 10.14 Mojave delays in granting audio access
- Changed text for checkbox to lock sine gen frequency to RTA FFT length and included the FFT length in the text
- Added Preferences menu entries to set the REW main window to a selection of predefined sizes
- Bug fix: If not setting t=0 at IR peak the win ref time was not being reset after estimate IR delay, causing incorrect phase for FDW
- Bug fix: SPL...
The V5.19 release version, ending the 5.19 beta series. Also available on www.roomeqwizard.com.
Small changes in 5.19 beta 12, all being well the last before the 5.19 release.
- Improved rendering of text on spectrogram graph images when spectrogram floor is filled
- Small refinement to the IR start detection code
- Changed delay figure with acoustic timing reference back to using IR start time for limited bandwidth measurements (e.g. subwoofers), retained use of the Estimate IR Delay process otherwise
- Bug fix: Added checks to try and prevent occasional exception when...
V5.19 beta 11 changes:
- Added Leq traces for the last minute and the last 10 minutes to the SPL logger
- Added * in front of comment lines in the impulse response text export file and a * Data start comment immediately before the data
- Trim trailing zeroes when exporting impulse response as text with window applied, but note that the data will be padded with zeroes so the length is a binary power if required
- Show an error message if the file selected for data import does not...
Changes in V5.19 beta 10:
- 24-bit data is now supported where the JVM makes it available (currently macOS and probably Linux)
- Added 176.4, 352.8 and 384 kHz to the sample rates allowed for ASIO
- Allow generator to continue running if ASIO output selection is changed - audio will be interrupted briefly, however
- Added a dBc axis option for the RTA (dB relative to carrier, mainly used to present data relative to the level of the fundamental tone in the signal)
- Only stop the...
V5.19 beta 9 changes:
- Added input selectors to the Measure dialog
- Added a soundcard preferences control to set the mapping from REW's output channels to hardware output channels and choose the label to use for them
- Multichannel output is no longer limited to 8 channels, allowing use of interfaces with higher channel counts on OS X (and probably Linux). The channel mapping control allows any 8 of the available output channels to be selected for use during measurement....
Changes in beta 8:
- Reduced waterfall controls width to help formatting on low resolution screens
- Added a View preference to show or hide the toolbar, hiding it makes more space on low resolution screens
- Added a welcome message on startup with pointers to initial steps
- RTA graph images captured with distortion panel showing also include the RMS level panel
- Added 50 Hz as a 1/3 octave step for RT60 and Filtered IR
- Added new controls for the filter frequency on the...
Page 1 of 2