Changes in V5.20 beta 10, detailed here.
- Changed stepped sine silence interval to be in seconds, allowing up to 60 seconds before the next tone starts
- When the timing mode is loopback echo the signal generator output on the timing reference output for all signal types
- Added a control for trace thickness on the graph image capture dialog
- Fixed the menu on macOS so it stays visible for all REW windows...
REW Linux installer (requires Java 8) V5.20 beta 10
A Java 8 runtime must be installed first
V5.20 beta 9 changes, detailed here:
- Reduced warning threshold for timing reference to -45 dBFS (from -30dBFS) and only show the warning once in a session
- Added a window selection for the stepped sine dialog, Rectangular recommended when the generator and input are on the same device
- Added an option to show or hide the filter numbers along the top of the EQ window's filter adjust graph
- Added a...
V5.20 beta 8:
- Don't show smoothing selection on captured graph images, any smoothing selected can be seen in the legend if included
- Improved positioning of data panels on captured graph images and reduced panel opacity
- Added an option to include date and time on graph captures
- Improved icon resolution on macOS retina displays
- Added a set of icons for the dark colour scheme
- Windows installers now provide an option to allow multiple instances
- Windows installers...
V5.20 beta 7, changes detailed here.
V5.20 beta 6
- Added CTA-2034-A shaped noise signals to the signal generator
- Added a control to select either CEA-2010 or CTA-2034-A max SPL limits on the RTA
- Removed the spkr cal and sub cal options for white periodic noise, only applicable for pink
- Expanded graph capture aspect ratio options to include 10, 25 and 50 dB/decade
- Put font size control for graph capture into the graph capture dialog, added separate font size control for the comment
- Added comment position...
V5.20 beta 5 changes:
- Revised the EQ target setting panel to better explain the target types and separate the room curve controls, which can be separately enabled/disabled
- Added a check box to enable/disable room curve settings
- Added a "Speaker driver" target type with configurable low and high pass crossover filter responses
- Added LP1 and HP1 filter types to the Generic equaliser to provide first order (6 dB/octave) LP and HP
- Expanded the equaliser selection help to...
Changes in V5.20 beta 4:
- When measurements with distortion data are averaged using (A+B)/2 or Vector average their distortion data is also averaged, providing the measurements were made at the same sample rate and with the same sweep or stepped sine settings
- Added a Window function setting for the tone burst generator with a range of window types
- Reduced memory use and file size for sweep measurements
- Added Float as a format for exported WAV files
- Additional text for...
V5.20 beta 3
- Restored 16k and 32k sample rate options for sig gen WAV files and filter impulse response exports
- Update the sample rate selector when reloading the ASIO driver
- Added an option to plot distortion harmonics at the harmonic frequency rather than the fundamental frequency
- Update dBFS scaling for signal generator and RTA when focus leaves the dBFS scale field
- Restart any ASIO audio I/O after changing input or output channels
- If a graph capture includes the...
V5.20 beta 2 changes:
- Gave the signal generator a revamp and added a signal waveform preview
- Added fade in and fade out controls to the linear and log sweep signals
- Added AES17-2015 MD and DFD presets to the dual tone signals
- Changed sig gen level control behaviour for dual tone signals, the level setting now reflects the rms level of the combined signal rather than the rms level of f1
- Added a selection of multitone test signals
- Allow RTA lengths up to 1M
- If the...
First beta of V5.20
- Increased audio data timeouts for macOS to accommodate 10.14 Mojave delays in granting audio access
- Changed text for checkbox to lock sine gen frequency to RTA FFT length and included the FFT length in the text
- Added Preferences menu entries to set the REW main window to a selection of predefined sizes
- Bug fix: If not setting t=0 at IR peak the win ref time was not being reset after estimate IR delay, causing incorrect phase for FDW
- Bug fix: SPL...
Page 1 of 2